How the Best SEO Company Stays on Top of Google Algorithm Changes
How the Best SEO Company Calculates Website Value
When you hire a SEO company you want and expect the value of your website to increase over time. It is important for you to understand the manner in which a SEO company is affecting the website’s value and which techniques they are applying. In addition, it is pertinent that you are aware of how website value is calculated.
Many different websites offer algorithms that help you assess the value of your website. However, the specific calculations that are used are typically unknown, so you are often in the dark about the manner in which the value was decided. The best SEO company will consider all the factors that affect the website’s value and use these to arrive at an exact value. Some of these factors include:
- Revenue: This refers to the amount of money your website generates on an average per month. It is possible to view this exact figure if the website is monetized. However, you will have to consider advertising costs, merchandise sales and subscriptions. There are additional revenue streams that a SEO company can discover.
- Age and links: Both the number of years the website has been published and the number of inbound links are great assets to your website. The higher the number of inbound links, the higher the value of the website. The best SEO company also considers the ranking of the websites sending those links to your website.
- Domain name: The value of the website is greatly affected by the strength of your website’s domain name. If the domain name is relevant and generic to the niche that your business operates in, chances are the website value will be high.
Seek out the help of an experienced SEO company before visiting a website to determine the worth of your website.
The Value of Backlinks
SEO is all about getting the basics right, which includes link building. Link building in an important aspect of SEO and influences Google’s decision to rank a website at a certain number. When you are thinking of getting the best SEO company they will vouch for this.
Though Google considers links very important when ranking websites, it renders differential treatment to links. When you consider getting the best SEO company, you should inquire how to make links appear important to Google.
The first tactic a SEO company employs is studying the contents of a page that links to the targeted website. They figure out what the page is about, if it is properly structured, if it contains credible information and if the content reflects the keyword or keywords of the targeted website.
The best way to look at links on a webpage is by viewing the page’s source. Click view on the action bar and select source, then check the following items.
- The title of the webpage should include a keyword that is relevant to your website. If it does not include a relevant keyword, consider changing the title of the page.
- The domain and URL of the webpage should contain relevant keywords that match the content of the page. The URL should contain at least one focus keyword.
- Is the page properly structured? Does the page have heading tags? Is there an overuse of heading tags? If there is an overuse of heading tags, consider removing them. If the page is not structured, you must structure the page.
- Are there links that point back to the website? This is not desirable and Google will penalize the website for it.
The above items are factors to consider when improving the link building efficiency of your websites to improve SEO rankings.